ROOF BATTEN 40
Pantex Roof Batten 40 is a 40mm deep ‘top hat’ profile, ideal for residential steel roofing applications. The Roof Batten 40 feature a safety edge to reduce the risk of injury to installers when handling and come with mitre cut ends for fast and easy installation at hips and valleys. When used as recommended, they comply with BCA requirements for wind categories N1 to N4.
Recommended Batten Spacing:
- Edge Spacing means within 1200mm of eaves and ridge. Ridge is treated as an edge when pitch is 10° or greater.
- Gable End spacing means within 1200mm of end or 2 truss spacing for the cases listed.
- Please consult Pantex Roofing Systems for use outside these parameters.
|Roof Cladding Profile & Fasteners per sheet||Wind Class||Roof Location||Batten Spacing mm (maximum)
|Trusses @ 600mm centres||Trusses @ 900mm centres|
|Corrougated 0.42BMT 3 Screws per sheet at each batten||N1 & N2||Edge||900||900|
|5 Rib Deck 0.42BMT 4 Screws per sheet at each batten||N1 & N2||Edge||1300||1300|
- For battens fixed to timber or steel trusses.
- One (1) screw into each flange, directly opposite
- Screws to have hexagon head with neoprene sealing washers.
|Timber||Steel (1.0mm G550 min.)|
|Type 17 – 12g x 40mm||Self Drill – 12g x 20mm|